Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Blog to call my own...

So here we are, in the realm of the digital existence. I have been writing professionally for most of my adult life, but apparently nothing is more relevant than having your own blog. So here we are.

There are so many things that we could be doing right now - I could be working and earning a living and you could be, well, doing the same. Instead, we have come together in this egocentric forum where I will share my opinion and you will read it. Perfect (for me that is).

Sorry about the sarcasm, I think it stems from the fact that it was -16 with the windchill this morning and two weeks ago Wiarton Willie got my hopes up and said that spring was going to be early this year. Stupid groundhog.

Yesterday we got some news. Our daughter got her first letter of acceptance to a university. It may not be our first choice of schools, but it is still a cause for celebration. Regardless of what school she goes to, she is focused on going to university and that is huge. There were times when I wondered if this day would ever come, but it seems certain now that she will be attending classes in September with her freshly minted high school diploma sitting at home in a manila envelope like everyone else. Something to be grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment